We are a leading Manufacturer of electrostatic precipitator from Ahmedabad, India.
Get Latest Price
An electrostatic precipitator is air pollution control device used to separate solid particulate matter from a contaminated air stream. Contaminated air flows into an ESP chamber and is ionized by electron emitting electrodes; also known as the corona chamber. The suspended particles are charged by the electron field and migrate to a collection plate. Accumulate particulate matter is removed from the collection plates at periodic intervals by rapping or hitting the plates with rappers (mallets type hammers). Heavy particles fall to the base of the ESP where hoppers hold the removed particles for disposal.
There are typically three types of ESP units: dry negative corona units, wet negative corona units and wet positive corona units. Dry negative corona units have inherently better voltage/current characteristics, are utilized more frequently and will be the main focus of this website; however, wet negative corona units will be discussed for their applicative differences. The following is a small list of typical industrial applications for ESPs.
- Refuse & sewerage sludge dryers and incinerators
- Coal- and oil-fired boilers, coal driers and coal mills
- Production plants for the cement, limestone, gypsum, pulp and paper industry (kilns, mills, driers and coolers)
- Electro-metallurgical, chemical, gas and detergent manufacturing plants
- SO2, SO3, acid mist and ammonia control (wet ESPs)
- ESPs are very efficient (up to 99% efficiency), even for small particles
They are generally more economical than other particulate control devices:
- Operating costs are reduced by low energy consumption, minimal maintenance requirements and reduced cost on spare parts
- Can be designed to handle wet and dry gas compositions for a wide range of gas temperatures
- Can handle large volumes of gas flow with low pressure drop
The salient features of the ESPs we offer include:
- Horizontal and vertical flow precipitators.
- Dry type designs for gas volumes, from as little as 5,000 m3/hr to 1, 00,000 m3/hr.
- Wet type designs for maximum particulate removal.
- Hot gas designs for operation at temperatures above 450oC.
- ESPs for diverse applications like corrosive gas, tar and other difficult material etc.
- Item Code: PC-02
Get Best QuoteRequest Callback